- Does Your Dog Have a Cranial Cruciate Ligament Injury?
- Is Surgery the Right Choice for Your Beloved Dog?
Maybe. It depends. Every dog, injury, and circumstance is different. At the Canine Rehabilitation & Integrative Veterinary Center we perform a comprehensive evaluation and consultation to help you make the best choice for your pet and your life.
A Custom Made Biomechanically Correct Stifle(Knee) Brace May Be the Best Choice for Your Dog.
At the Canine Rehabilitation & Integrative Veterinary Center we have been providing custom fabricated devices from OrthoPets Center for Orthotics and Prosthetics for more than 7 years. We have successfully fitted over 500 dogs with custom stifle braces/orthosis. Learn more Orthopets at Orthopets.com.
- Allows pet to enjoy normal activities, normal knee(stifle) joint range of motion, and supports normal muscle mass development
- Innovative cruciate/knee brace design providing increased support and comfort to your dog’s leg
- Advanced biomechanics creating “force coupling” to stabilize your dog’s ACL injury or tear
- Polycentric mechanical hinges replicate the complex motion of your dog’s knee (stifle) joint
- Tibial control strap restricts cranial tibial thrust
- Researched and tested (ACORN Stifle Study, CSU Stifle Study)
Call us to find out if a custom stifle brace is right for your dog
Research studies at the University of Louisville showed stifle joint biomechanics were improved following orthosis implementation, compared with biomechanics of the CrCL-deficient stifle joint. Orthosis hinge stiffness influenced stifle joint biomechanics. An orthosis may be a viable option to stabilize a CrCL-deficient canine stifle joint.
See more about the study here.